Garden Topics: Perennials
Paint Your Fall Perennial Garden Colorful
It has been a strange gardening season.
An early spring got things up and blooming much sooner
than usual, and many perennials blossomed far ahead of
- Ideas for a Colorful Fall Perennial Garden -
Keep the beauty of your garden alive by adding
splashes of color with late blooming perennials.
Designing Your Perennial Garden
- It seems that every few days we have new
homeowners /new gardeners, seeking guidance on the
design and establishment of their first perennial
Doesn't my Peony Bloom? - While peonies
thrive for decades with little care, plants can
experience difficulties. Here's how to troubleshoot
- Perennials: Preparing For Winter - By now, most
of your planting and transplanting should be
finished but unplanted perennials still in pots are
vulnerable to freezing.
Perennials for Fall Season Color - As the lazy
days of summer draw to a close, it's a good time to
plant your autumn garden.
June is Perennial Garden Month - Now that you’ve
gotten your annuals and vegetables planted, it’s
time to look toward adding perennials to your
- Deer Resistant Spring Flowering Bulbs - If you
are plagued by deer browsing, consider spring bulbs
that are less tempting to deer.
- Start Planting this Fall! - Determine The
Most Pressing Landscape Problem and Start Planting.
- Designing with Daylilies - No flower offers more
variety, versatility and vigor than the daylily.
Designing your Perennial Garden - It seems that
every few days we have new homeowners /new
gardeners, seeking guidance on the design and
establishment of their first perennial gardens.
- 10 Best Flowering Sun Perennials for the
Pittsburgh Area - Everyone has their favorites, but
we at Reilly’s have found these 10 perennials are
perfect for the beginning Gardner and pro alike.
- Late Summer Bloomers Extend the Garden's Beauty - Perennials that peak in late summer ease the transition between the exuberant display of annuals and perennials in spring and summer and the cool, crisp blaze of trees in fall.